Vegan Pho Soup
I guess you can call this an Americanized Pho soup. I found this online on sweetnsassyeats.com but I changed it up to my liking and it was delicious! This is one of my favorite soups. I love garlic so I always add extra, so you could use less I’m sure it will be just fine. This soup has a lot of healing properties so this is great when you are sick.
- 5-6 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of Ginger minced
- 5 tbsp of Garlic minced (It was a Big Bulb)
- 1 cup of Green Onions chopped
- 4 whole Star Anise
- ¼ cup of Liquid Braggs Aminos
- 1 tbsp of Spicey Vegan Red Curry Paste
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 8oz Portabella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch of Cilantro chopped
- 6 tbsp of mint (1 little bunch/package .66oz)
- 1 Big Sweet Potato chopped (mine was 1.7lb, half way cooked-See Notes)
- 1 whole Zucchini chopped
- ½ bunch of Kale chopped
- 4 Baby Bok Choy chopped
- 12 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1lb Rice Noodles (I used Maifun Rice Sticks-Try to find organic if possible)
- 2 Lemons juiced
- Heat up 3 tbsp of coconut oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and green onions, stir and saute 1-2 min. Add Star Anise and mushrooms, stir and saute 2 min.
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add sweet potatoes and baby bok choy, stir, add red curry paste and liquid braggs aminos, stir and let simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Add the rest of the veggies, broth and lemon juice.
- Bring to a slow boil and cook until the sweet potatoes are soft. NOTE: I prefer to boil the sweet potatoes before I add them so they don’t take as long to cook, I don’t like to boil my vegetables too long. I prefer my vegetables to be a little soft so I kept it on a slow boil for 15-20 mins.
- This makes quite a bit. This lasted 2 days for 2 people. Enjoy!
Here is a video I made making the soup. Video Pho