I found this recipe in Heather Crosby’s “Yum Universe” book, I didn’t have all of the ingredients and it still tasted good.
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon + 3 teaspoons of Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 soaked cashews, soaked
- 1/4 Cup onion, minced and sautéed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced and sautéed
- 1/4 Teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped – (I used dried parsley)
- 1/2 Teaspoon dill, chopped – ( I didn’t use)
- 1 Teaspoon chives, chopped – ( I didn’t use)
- Make a “buttermilk” by stirring together coconut milk, and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside to “curdle” for 10-30minutes. -( I left for 30 minutes and it never curdled)
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients except parsley, dill and chives until creamy. Add parsley, dill and chives and pulse a few times to break them up, but not enough to blend them into the dressing completely- you want specks.