This is an alternative to chicken salad, loaded with protein and fiber! I found this recipe in Heather Crosby’s Yum Universe, but I made some changes. Makes 4+ servings
- 1 cup or more of Cashew Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups raw chickpeas, cooked
- 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds, toasted or untoasted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup-1 cup of fresh Tarragon to taste, cut
- 1/2 cup or more of dried cranberries
- Place all ingredients except cranberries into the food processor and pulse together about 5 times, just to break everything up a bit.
- Transfer to bowl, fold together with cranberries in a collard green, or gluten free wrap.
I used collard green and it was delicious. I did boil the collard green for 30 seconds to soften and to take out the bitterness. When using collard greens you also want to score the stems by gently running your knife down the length to create a cut that doesn’t go all the way though.
You can also serve this on gluten free bread!