I found this recipe in Heather Crosby’s, “Yum Universe” book. I did change it up from what she had because I didn’t have all of the ingredients but it was still delicious.
What you will need:
- 2 cups green or brown lentils (1 cup dry) – (I used brown and cooked all 2 cups)
- 2-3 Leaves of Kale, stems removed, chopped
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning to taste
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Gluten free tortillas or Collards Greens- (I used Collard Greens)
- Ranch Dressing– (I made twice as much)
- One Avocado Pitted and Sliced – (I used 2)
- Mixed Greens
- In a pot or skillet heated to medium, stir together lentils, kale, and Kamaican Jerk Seasoning ( I added half the ranch dressing too) for 3-5 Minutes until warm and kale wilts a tad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using collards greens for wraps or gluten free tortillas, you can steam the collard greens to make them softer and cut down the middle but not all the way through the stem(scoring), and/or warm up the tortillas to soften. Lay out on a large plate, cutting board, or counter space.
- Fill wraps with lentils and kale and top with Ranch Dressing, Avocado, and maybe sprouts and greens, leaving about 3″ on all sides of wrap- the more space you leave, the tighter the wrap you can get, so don’t overfill. Fold sides in tightly, tuck the third in tightly, and roll, roll, roll.