I found this on online while searching for anti-inflammatory/candida recipes for breakfast. This is very good! Instead of oats you use cauliflower rice, I have to admit this grossed me out at first but was surprised how good it tasted. I did change it up for my liking.
Ingredients for 2 parfaits
- 1 banana broken into 4-5 pieces (I used 2)
- 1/2 cups coconut milk (or coconut yogurt for thicker consistency, see notes)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (I always use more cinnamon)
- 1/2 lb riced cauliflower steamed or cooked (I used more, like 10oz)
- 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut divided (I used 1 cup)
- 1/2 cups plain coconut yogurt OR 1 cup of full fat coconut milk in can (less carbs & sugar and tastes better)
- 2 tbsp Cacao nibs or stevia sweetened dark chocolate morsels ( I used the morsels because it was all I could find)
- 2 small mason jars (8-12oz)
- In a small food processor or mixer (I used an electric mixer), process the banana (reserve a few slices for garnish, if you like), coconut milk or yogurt, and cinnamon until smooth. Add the steamed riced cauliflower and ½ cup shredded coconut, and pulse a few times to combine. The mixture should have the consistency of cooked oatmeal. If it is too thick, add more coconut milk or coconut yogurt, a tablespoon at a time. If it is too thin, add more shredded coconut or steamed riced cauliflower, a tablespoon at a time.
- Prepare the parfaits by layering the cauliflower ‘oats,’ coconut yogurt, cacao nibs, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut in two 8-12 oz jars or glasses. Top with cacao nibs or morsels, shredded coconut, and banana slices if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled or bring to room temperature.